[Zope-Annce] TriZPUG May Meeting: ReportLab - PDF made easy

Tom Bryan tbryan@python.net
Wed, 21 May 2003 08:19:49 +0500

TriZPUG May Meeting: ReportLab - PDF made easy

The Triangle Zope/Python User Group (TriZPUG) will hold its next meeting on
Wednesday, May 28, at 6:30 p.m. in Raleigh, NC.  We will be meeting in the
DELTA conference room(s) at Venture III, who has kindly permitted us to use
their meeting room, on NCSU's Centennial Campus.  Directions to Venture III
are below.  Ian Sparks will be giving a talk on the ReportLab library.

Hope to see you there!

Title: ReportLab - PDF made easy
================================
Reportlab is a python library for the creation of Adobe Portable Document
Format (PDF) documents.  This talk introduces the foundation of the library:
the canvas object.  We'll start with canvas primitives : drawing, writing
text, importing graphics etc and go on to examine how the canvas exposes
some of PDFs special capabilities.  Finally we'll take a look at PLATYPUS
(Page Layout and Typography Using Scripts), a high-level library built on
the canvas which makes creating complex documents a breeze.

Directions to the TriZPUG Meeting:
If you need directions to NCSU's Centennial Campus, try the following link
http://centennial.ncsu.edu/howtogethere/htgh.htm
If you need directions to the Venture III building, follow this link
http://lts.ncsu.edu/about/venture3.html, but skip step #3 since the meeting
is after hours.

For more about TriZPUG: