[Zope-Annce] Archetypes 1.2 beta2 Released

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Thu Nov 6 16:10:10 EST 2003

We've been fixing a couple bugs that came out in the beta1, thanks to
the people that tested and reported, so I just made a beta2 with the fixes
(release early, release often, and even more often when the last
release has bugs ;). The hilights on this release are:

License Change:

  Archetypes is not licensed under the GPL anymore, but under a
  BSD-like license. More details on Archetypes/LICENSE.txt. This
  change has been postponed for a while and was a big blocker for some
  people. I expect that it comes only to make life easier to the ones
  deploying Archetypes on commercial applications.

Bugs fixed:

  - KeywordWidget was not behaving accordingly
  - BaseObject.get_size() was completely broken, because of a
    undefined variable
  - Some templates were missing a closing '"', which got lost during
    the conversion to the Plone 2.0 style.
  - Added tests for KeywordWidget and RichWidget. More widget tests to
    come.
  - Fixed default view on Article of ArchExample (was pointing to the
    wrong URL.)
  - Archetypes *should* be usable with plain CMF, though it may be
    some CSS wizardry to align the fields (thanks to Sylvain Thenault)

Tarball: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/archetypes/archetypes-1.2.0_beta2.tgz?download

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

Besides, I think Slackware sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't you?
	-- Patrick Volkerding