[Zope-Annce] PloneCollectorNG 1.0 beta 2 released
lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun Nov 16 09:48:11 EST 2003
I am pleased to announce the release of
PloneCollectorNG 1.0 beta 3 (PCNG)
PCNG is a bugtracking system for Plone. It is based on the concepts and
ideas of CMFCollector and CMFCollectorNG but it is a complete re-write.
One major highlight of this new version is the built-in TTW editor for
Archetypes schemas. This means you can edit the complete fields for your
issue (field types and widgets) through-the-web including the use of
schemats etc. Another goal of the new implementation was to focus on
security. So I dropped the old workflow and created a new one (which is
much simpler). The codebase is very small and generic and therefore very
much extensible for the future.
Changes since V 1.0 beta 2
- SchemaEditor: deletion of fields was not persistent
- SchemaEditor: added deletion protection for some meta fields
- SchemaEditor: UI redesigned (now more plonish)
- extend search form
- more UI member preferences
- misc UI and CSS fixes
- stripped down used indexes/metadata used in 'pcng_catalog'
- using TextIndexNG(2) instead of TextIndex for SearchableText if
- added PDF support for issues (requires Reportlab from
www.reportlab.org + Python Imaging Library PIL (optional))
If you upgrade from an earlier release of PCNG you should re-install
using the Add/Remove products in the Plone setup.
ATTENTION TO USERS of Plone 2.0 beta 3:
portal_workflow has been removed in Plone 2b3 from the action
This is a *big problem* and will be fixed in the next Plone release.
To fix this:
- remove the "deleteActionProvider()" call in
CMFPlone/setup/ConfigurationMethods.py line 175
- *recreate* your Plone 2.0 site (if created *with* Plone 2.0 beta 3)
- there is currently no support from my side to re-enable the
portal_workflow as action provider for Plone sites created under
Plone 2.0 beta 3
Wiki and Download:
More information about the Zope-Announce