[Zope-Annce] Nuxeo announces PluggableUserFolder

Lennart Regebro lennart at regebro.nu
Fri Oct 10 06:01:37 EDT 2003

PluggableUserFolder is a Zope user folder that is designed to be
extensible in all ways. It supports extending via "plugins"to add
support both for ways of identifying the users, such as using cookies
instead of Basic HTTP Authentication, and adding new sources of users,
such as LDAP or SQL sources, and also extending the role management,
such as group support and black lists.

It also supports using all of these simoultaneously. You can have users
defined in Zope, in an SQL database and via LDAP, all at once. You can
have groups and blacklists at the same time. You can support both
cookies and SSL Certificates without problems.

http://www.zope.org/Members/nuxeo/Products/PluggableUserFolder

It is currently in a "Development" state, because we would like more
feedback on the product before we decide that is stable.

This product was developped by Nuxeo <a
href="http://www.nuxeo.com/en/pr/cps-cea.html">under contract with the
CEA (French Atomic Energy Comission)</a> and is released under the Gnu
General Public License (GPL)

For further information, contact Lennart Regebro, regebro at nuxeo.com.