[Zope-Annce] Zwiki 0.29 released, news roundup

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Apr 1 19:22:10 EST 2004

Good day all..

Zwiki 0.29 has been released. Summary: bugfixes for Zope 2.7 & Plone 2,
skin tweaks. This is the first release since the wave of python 2.3,
zope 2.7 and plone 2.0 hit, and hopefully you will find it more solid.
http://zwiki.org , http://zwiki.org/ReleaseNotes .

zwiki.org has moved to a new server with more memory and is much
happier. You should find it faster and more stable. I hope to keep it
that way.

Also there is a new sponsorship page at http://zwiki.org/ZwikiFunding .
Please take a look and consider sponsoring me or another developer, if
you'd like to see this product improve more quickly and sustainably.
Especially if it is helping your business (and I hope it is).

Development started slow this month but picked up towards the end, with
contributions from Bob McElrath and Cyrille Lebeaupin. Bob is doing good
work as LatexWiki patch maintainer and he has just made a compatible
release. Many people have helped with issue tracking, as usual - thank
you. #zwiki channel activity is on the increase.

After four years, I've realized I don't need to keep fighting with
zope.org content objects. :) zwiki.org is now the official home of Zwiki
releases and news.

Ditto for trusty-but-time-consuming CVS. As of now I am switching to
darcs as primary revision control system and considering CVS to be
frozen. Please see http://zwiki.org/ZwikiDarcs for new how-tos and
discussion. I hope this will enable simpler and more rapid exchange of
patches, translations, etc.

Quite a month! Spring cleaning. Will I be able to keep working on zwiki
in the coming months ? I don't know. I hope so. :)

<>Zwiki is a flexible, powerful, GPL wiki engine for Zope, supporting
hierarchy, wysiwyg editing, dynamic pages, issue tracking, email
integration, and more. Visit zwiki.org to learn all about it.

Good health,
-Simon