[Zope-Annce] EuroPython update 23 april

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Apr 23 11:37:38 EDT 2004

EuroPython news update
======================

EuroPython is the European Python and Zope Conference. This year in
its third edition, we are holding the conference in the beautiful
locale of Göteborg, Sweden. Hundreds of Python users and Zope users
are expected.

- If you still want to submit a talk, note that the talk submission
   deadline is approaching very rapidly. You have until monday the 26th
   of april to submit your talk proposal. As an extra incentive, note
   that speakers participate at a reduced fee.

- The early bird registration deadline is also very near now; after
   may 1st the rate will go up by 60 euros from 160 to 220. We also
   still have (very) cheap accomodation available, but this is running
   out quickly. So please register now!

- The conference program is really shaping up nicely! We'll have
   tracks on topics ranging from core python hacking to social skills,
   and of course Zope. There will be tutorials, BoFs, lightning talks
   and panel discussions. Many of us are arriving early and/or staying
   on after the conference for a couple of days for sprints or other
   activities.

- Our keynote speakers will be Mark Shuttleworth and Guido van
   Rossum.

   Mark Shuttleworth was among others what we think is the first Python
   programmer in space. He is also is the sponsor of the schooltool
   project to develop an open source school administration system in
   Python. More about about him can be found at
   http://www.markshuttleworth.com/

   If you don't know who Guido van Rossum is, you really need to come
   to EuroPython to find out and meet him.

More information can be found at http://www.europython.org. See you at
EuroPython 2004!