[Zope-Annce] Zope/Python Users of Washington, DC: Zope/Plone Meeting on 8/16

Joel Burton joel at joelburton.com
Fri Aug 13 16:08:17 EDT 2004

ZPUGsters & everyone else:

The next meeting of the Zope/Python Users Group of Washington, DC, is
next Monday, at 7pm, at the usual location in downtown DC.

Our topics are:

  - Cyrus Karbassiyoon, on the intranet he just launched for Gentry
Locke Rakes and Moore LLP. He'll be talking about why they chose Plone,
how they built the site, and what they learned. This should be excellent
if you're considering Plone for upcoming projects.

  - Paul Boos, of SAIC, will be talking about the general process of
getting software certified for governmental use, and about general tips
for bidding on or performing government work.

Upcoming schedule:
==================

We have meetings twice a month: the first Thursday (a Python-in-general
meeting) and the third Monday (Zope/Plone/other
Python-based-webapps-specific).

Our future meetings are:

- Th, 9/2 (Python meeting). Topics TBD.

- Mo, 9/20 (Zope/Plone meeting). Topics TBD.

- Th, 10/7 (Python meeting). Topic: "Using Spambayes in a Unix/Linux
environment for the Python-Oriented" (Scott Burns). Mini-presentation: TBD.

- Mo, 10/18 (Zope/Plone meeting). Topic: TBD. Mini-presentation: "Re-cap
of Plone Conference II" (Joel Burton).

All meetings are in downtown DC, convenient to mass transporation, at
7pm. Directions at http://zpugdc.org/meetings/pn.

Presenting