[Zope-Annce] [ANN] PloneCollectorNG 1.1.2 released
lists at zopyx.com
Tue Feb 24 11:19:13 EST 2004
I am pleased to announce the release of **PloneCollectorNG 1.1.2 (PCNG)**
PCNG is a bugtracking system for Plone. It is based on the concepts and
ideas of CMFCollector and CMFCollectorNG but it is a complete re-write.
PCNG is a very generic and open framework (you can configure nearly
This release **REQUIRES Archetypes AT 1.3**. **Older Archetypes versions
(including 1.2.1) WILL NOT WORK**. This major step was necessary because
a lot of Archetypes hacks in PCNG 1.0.0 were backported to Archetypes
Changes since V 1.1.2
- added new preference option for users to determine if they want a new
window or the same browser
window if they click on an issue in the list of search results.
- resolved some view problems with overlong lines in issue comments
both in the HTML view and
in the email transcript.
- new issues can be directly assigned to participants without using the
- Reporters with insufficent rights could not create new tickets
- some more workaround and fixes for PlacelessTranslationService
- 'folder_contents' could not display Collector instance under some
- basic support extended reports (open issues grouped by user)
- basic support for groups: there is a new tab "topic-users" which
allows you to assign staff members
to main topics . The list of topics is taken from the value list of
the field 'topic'. If 'topic'
is a string like "maintopic/subtopic" then only maintopic is used.
This means you can split your topics
into to different subtopics but only the main topic can be used a
group. If you file a new issue
or assign an issue then the available groups are shown. Selecting
such a group for assignment means
that **every** staff member belonging to this group is assigned
- support for GroupUserFolder added
PloneCollectorNG is fully internationalized. If you want PCNG to support
that translate the catalog file (i18n folder) to your language and submit
it to me.
Any user should read doc/INSTALL.txt before the installation. Upgraders
reinstall the PCNG either through the quickinstall tool or through "Plone
More information about the Zope-Announce