[Zope-Annce] PyCon Reminder: Early bird reg deadline 2/1

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Jan 19 12:50:31 EST 2004

Info
----

This is a reminder that the deadline for early bird registration for
PyCon DC 2004 is February 1, 2004.  Early bird registration is $175;
after that, it will be $200 through March 17, then $250 at the door.
To register, visit:

    http://www.pycon.org/dc2004/register/

Plug
----

PyCon is the most important conference in the year for me.  It brings
together the largest group of Python users and developers imaginable.
I come to PyCon for many reasons: to meet with other core Python
developers face to face; to hear about the exciting things that users
from all over the world are doing with Python; to interact in person
with Python users of all types, from newbies to veterans of many
years; to hear everybody's feedback on where Python is and where
they'd like it to go; and perhaps most of all to continue to encourage
this wonderful community by my presence, words and actions to grow,
reach out to new users of all kinds, and keep listening to each other.

I hope everyone who comes to the conference will return from it with a
new or renewed feeling of excitement about Python, whether they are
developers, sophisticated users, beginners, or even skeptical
passers-by.  The Python community includes everyone, from grade
schoolers just learning about computer science to renowned scientists
interested in using the best tools and business people looking for a
secret weapon.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all at PyCon!

Background
----------

PyCon is a community-oriented conference targeting developers (both those
using Python and those working on the Python project).  It gives you
opportunities to learn about significant advances in the Python
development community, to participate in a programming sprint with some
of the leading minds in the Open Source community, and to meet fellow
developers from around the world.  The organizers work to make the
conference affordable and accessible to all.

DC 2004 will be held March 24-26, 2004 in Washington, D.C.  The keynote
speaker is Mitch Kapor of the Open Source Applications Foundation
(http://www.osafoundation.org/).  There will be a four-day development
sprint before the conference.

We're looking for volunteers to help run PyCon.  If you're interested,
subscribe to http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/pycon-organizers

Don't miss any PyCon announcements!  Subscribe to
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/pycon-announce

You can discuss PyCon with other interested people by subscribing to
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/pycon-interest

The central resource for PyCon DC 2004 is
http://www.pycon.org/