[Zope-Annce] [ANN] iungo released to the wild...

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Aug 23 15:16:49 EDT 2005

Hi to all,

today I decided to release iungo to the world-wild-world... iungo was
already announced at the German Zope User Group (DZUG) some weeks ago,
but today I started and finished translating most of the docs to english
for a broader audience. The tutorial is still missing, but I'll do this
in the next days too.

What is iungo?
--------------
Based on the web-application-server Zope iungo provides a solid system
to build up object-oriented web-databases, easy-to-use-wikis, content-,
document- and knowledge-management-systems. iungo targets users and
developers, who trust in the "Keep it simple"-philosophy and want to
maintain control over their work. iungo tries to connect people with
information.

Features?
---------
- Strict separation of content and application: your content can be
moved between different zope-instances and iungo-versions without the
fear of breaking anything.

- Folderish-Content: In the web all "entities" are links, not folders,
documents or files... no more headaches for users what content-type to
use... in the default iungo-install there's only one for all...;)

- Placeless-Content: All objects have a unique id (autogenerated per
default) and can be moved around within the repository without breaking
any links between objects.

- KISS (Keep it simple stupid): It's easy to develop a custom layout
with a basic knowledge of DTML or ZPT.

- Expandable: Create new content-types for webdatabases with some clicks
in the ZMI.

Where can I find more info about iungo?
http://www.iungo.org/

If you have questions, feel free to ask me:
maik.jablonski at uni-bielefeld.de

Keep zoped,

Maik