[Zope-Annce] SfleX - Software Flexibility Prototype in Zope

gautam.shroff at tcs.com gautam.shroff at tcs.com
Mon Jan 3 03:22:14 EST 2005

So much of software development/maintenance in IT departments
is in response to small changes in functionality - new fields,
workflows, etc. Yes, there are a lot of development tools that
help automate this - but they are just that - development tools;
analysts can't use them.

At TCS we've been working on automated code generation for a decade.
Recently we have started to focus on interpretation, i.e. instead
of generating from specs, interpret. (A lot of interest in this these
days, esp XML etc.) Increasing computing power makes this possible
- in my opinon.

But we would also like the specs to be configured in an application
that is accessible by analysts (not only programmers).

We have created a prototype as a Zope application and released it for
demo and download(under GPL), and are seeking FEEDBACK AND COMMENTS.

See http://sflex.ilab-tcs.com

We would also like to welcome anyone interested in contributing to
the development of the Zope version - making it a product, using it, etc.

See http://zope.org/Members/shroff (should get published soon)

Thanks,

Gautam Shroff
Technology Innovation Lab
Tata Consultancy Services

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you