[Zope-Annce] zope on rails project

Tim Nash thedagdae at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 18:45:34 EST 2005

Does zope really have to be hard to learn? We don't think so.
    We are developing an easy way for medical professionals to create
zope web GUI at http://www.medicinebrain.com. The idea is to make zope
at least as easy to use as ruby on rails. We are looking for ideas and
criticism of the freely available zrails code. Currently available is
a zexp that contains an html framework, an easy to modify form
processor, some web widgets, and database scripts. There is also a
separate application called "Nanabush" that processes html files into
zpt pages. The application splits each form element off into a script
widget. This produces a model-view-controller architecture that is
completely edit-able via web browser. Next up will be a more extensive
html framework and more html widgets. The plans for Nanabush include a
way to develop zope database applications in openoffice and migrate
them to zope. The combination of zope and Openoffice 2 will make a
powerful workflow solution.
    Stop by and give us your feedback and critic the code! This is
beta software, it is not accurate or secure. Do not use for actual
systems. Suggestions for the best
opensource license to use are also welcome.
Thanks
Tim