[Zope-Annce] Zope Technical Solutions Early-Bird Registration

Brian Lloyd brian at zope.com
Sun Sep 18 10:34:56 EDT 2005

A reminder to register by September 24th to get the early
bird rate for the upcoming Zope Technical Solutions class
on October 24-27.  It will be held at our Fredericksburg,
VA headquarters.

This four day course familiarizes students with Zope
software from introductory through advanced topics. We
will demonstrate the flexibility and effectiveness of
Zope as an Open Source web development and content
management environment. We will also explore Zope
architecture and provide hands-on exercises using Zope to
develop and manage a robust web site.

We offer opportunities to meet with Zope's engineering
teams during lunch, including Jim Fulton, our CTO.

Course Objectives: After completing this course students
will understand:

  - Zope's use of objects, methods, etc.
  - Zope's Management Interface.
  - Zope's server-side scripting language (DTML).
  - Page Templates.
  - Web site content creation and management.
  - Web site security through user privileges and roles.
  - Using Zope to integrate web sites with existing +
    relational databases.
  - Downloading/installing a Zope Product, and
  - Introduction to CMF.

The course is intended for those interested in using a
full-featured open source environment to develop and
manage robust corporate internet or intranet web sites.
This includes web site designers, content
creators, content   managers and web developers.
Participants should be familiar with HTML and basic web
architecture (e.g., how a web server and web browser work
together). Knowledge of object-oriented concepts and SQL
is recommended.

For more detailed information about the course, including
pricing, travel and accommodations, please go to our
website:
http://www.zope.com/training/zope_technical_solutions.html

Payment authorization is available at
http://www.zope.com/training/payment_authorization.html