[Zope-Checkins] CVS: Zope/doc - CHANGES.txt:1.708
Sidnei da Silva
sidnei at awkly.org
Wed Mar 31 10:58:07 EST 2004
Update of /cvs-repository/Zope/doc
In directory cvs.zope.org:/tmp/cvs-serv5794/doc
Apply patch by Josh LaPlace. Makes DAV 'supportedlock' actually check if the object implements the WriteLockInterface.
=== Zope/doc/CHANGES.txt 1.707 => 1.708 ===
--- Zope/doc/CHANGES.txt:1.707 Tue Mar 23 02:00:49 2004
+++ Zope/doc/CHANGES.txt Wed Mar 31 10:57:36 2004
@@ -17,7 +17,7 @@
sync. See lib/python/AccessControl/ZopeSecurityPolicy.py.
- Add cyclic-garbage collection support to C extension classes,
- especially to acquisition wrappers.
+ especially to acquisition wrappers.
- Change acquisition wrappers to implement the descr get slot
directly, this speeding the use of the slot.
@@ -26,13 +26,13 @@
- Traversal now supports a "post traversal hook" that get's run
after traversal finished and the security context is established.
- Using "_usage" parameters in a ZCatalog query is deprecated and
logged as DeprecationWarning.
- - MailHost now has two additional properties, a user id and a
+ - MailHost now has two additional properties, a user id and a
password. These are used to attempt ESMTP authentication
- before sending a mail.
+ before sending a mail.
- Folder listings in FTP now include "." as well as "..".
@@ -46,7 +46,7 @@
method such as 'index_html'.
- Extension Classes, a key Zope foundation, have been totally
- rewritten based on Python new-style classes.
+ rewritten based on Python new-style classes.
This change provides a number of advantages:
@@ -61,7 +61,7 @@
o Pave the way for sharing code between Zope 2 and Zope 3.
Note -- Extension classes with __of__ methods are made into
- Python read descriptors.
+ Python read descriptors.
If an extension classes is used to implement a descriptor,
indirectly by implementing __of__ or directly by implementing
@@ -103,13 +103,20 @@
+ - WebDAV property values were not being properly escaped on
+ - WebDAV 'supportedlock' was not checking if the object did
+ implement the WriteLockInterface before returning it's
- reStructuredText ignored the encoding settings in zope.conf
- ObjectManager no longer raises string exceptions
- Collector #1260: Testing/__init__.py no longer changes the
- App.config.setConfiguration() did not update the legacy source
for debug_mode, Globals.DevelopmentMode.
@@ -198,7 +205,7 @@
(fixed by removing the "fossil" module from 2.7 branch and head).
- Workaround for Collector #1081: The 'title' property for objects
- derived from OFS.Folder or PropertyManager can now be
+ derived from OFS.Folder or PropertyManager can now be
removed and replaced with a ustring property. This allows the usage
of non-ISO-8859-1 or ASCII charsets
@@ -227,7 +234,7 @@
- PathIndex and TopicIndex are now using a counter for the number
of indexed objects instead of using a very expensive calculation
- based on the keys of their indexes.
+ based on the keys of their indexes.
- Collector #1039: Whitespace problem in Z2.log fixed
@@ -316,8 +323,8 @@
* i18n:attributes="value msg_id;" (with semicolon) will always be
treated as <attr> <msg_id>
- * i18n:attributes="value title" will be treated as <attr> <attr>
- as long as title exist as attribute (both as static or in
+ * i18n:attributes="value title" will be treated as <attr> <attr>
+ as long as title exist as attribute (both as static or in
tal:attributes) plus deprecation warning
- deny attributes being both part of tal:attributes
@@ -334,8 +341,8 @@
- ZConfig didn't report a line number and munged capitalization
of replacement keys when a replacement error was provided.
- - log-to-stderr on startup will now emit messages to the console at
- the lowest logging level defined by any of the handlers in the
+ - log-to-stderr on startup will now emit messages to the console at
+ the lowest logging level defined by any of the handlers in the
- entirely removed warning when the starting user's umask is "too
@@ -344,9 +351,9 @@
- debug-mode config file option did not work.
- - ZClasses that subclassed ObjectManager that were created in
- earlier versions of Zope would not load under 2.6, due to
- the new Interfaces package. Added back a simple stub module
+ - ZClasses that subclassed ObjectManager that were created in
+ earlier versions of Zope would not load under 2.6, due to
+ the new Interfaces package. Added back a simple stub module
and changed a constructor to allow these ZClasses to work.
- Bugfix: if zopectl is run as the root user, the debug, run, and
@@ -467,8 +474,8 @@
- Collector #953: fixed namespace collision with form_title in ZMI
- - Collector #342: Avoiding insertion of a BASE tag for file objects
- with content-type text/html
+ - Collector #342: Avoiding insertion of a BASE tag for file objects
+ with content-type text/html
- Windows installer properly deletes pyc/pyo files on uninstall.
@@ -504,7 +511,7 @@
available via this module, alternate locations are deprecated,
though will to be supported for Zope 2.7.
- - Collector #435: Support for passwords encoded using MySQL's
+ - Collector #435: Support for passwords encoded using MySQL's
PASSWORD() function add to lib/python/AccessControl/AuthEncoding.py.
- Collector #167: Support __getattr__ on cAccessControl PermissionRole
@@ -520,14 +527,14 @@
- DateTime module: added support to parse international dateformats. The
Datetime constructor has a new "datefmt" parameter to enforce the
- parsing of a date as "us" or "international" date. The new field
+ parsing of a date as "us" or "international" date. The new field
descriptor field descriptor "date_international" can be used to
- enforce this behaviour inside the ZPublisher. See also
- doc/ENVIRONMENT.txt to check with the DATETIME_FORMAT
+ enforce this behaviour inside the ZPublisher. See also
+ doc/ENVIRONMENT.txt to check with the DATETIME_FORMAT
- KeywordIndex, FieldIndex and ZCTextIndex are now able to index more
than one attribute of an object. This removes the ties between the
- indexes ID and the attribute name to be indexed.
+ indexes ID and the attribute name to be indexed.
- Integration of reStructuredText (reST) and the ZReST product
by Richard Jones. See doc/RESTRUCTUREDTEXT.txt for details.
@@ -590,8 +597,8 @@
This restricts access to the Control_Panel and especially
to the Products management to trusted users.
- - Rename, Cut & Delete operations on locked objects (WebDAV) are
- no longer permitted and will raise an exception. Copies of
+ - Rename, Cut & Delete operations on locked objects (WebDAV) are
+ no longer permitted and will raise an exception. Copies of
locked objects are copied without lock.
- Collector #634: Image objects can now be rendered without border
@@ -605,15 +612,15 @@
- Collector #686: intSets no longer lose their values.
- - Collector #685: Improved documentation explaining how, where and
+ - Collector #685: Improved documentation explaining how, where and
why security assertions should be placed in:
- - The ZEO unit tests and wo_pcgi.py didn't run on Windows if the path
+ - The ZEO unit tests and wo_pcgi.py didn't run on Windows if the path
to the python executable included a space.
- - Some calls to os.system('chmod') has been replaced with the more
+ - Some calls to os.system('chmod') has been replaced with the more
portable os.chmod() call, to make install work properly on Windows.
- Fixed an isinstance() check in SimpleItem on standard_error_message
@@ -653,10 +660,10 @@
- Product initialization would only consult a file named "version.txt"
to read version information. Now it will check version.txt, VERSION.txt
- Make ZCTextIndex much less prone to generating conflict errors.
Previously *any* concurrent updates would provoke a conflict.
- Fix query performance and scalability bug in ZCTextIndex.
- Collector #928: DateIndex ignored timezones when indexing and
@@ -668,10 +675,10 @@
permission to join or leave versions to run a request in a
- - Fixed a problem with potentially mis-acquiring 'func_code' in
+ - Fixed a problem with potentially mis-acquiring 'func_code' in
publisher BeforeTraverse hook.
- - Fix for issue 683: Image cache manager headers were not sent
+ - Fix for issue 683: Image cache manager headers were not sent
when an image request returned a 304 (in response to an if-mod-since
More information about the Zope-Checkins