[Zope-Checkins] CVS: Zope/doc - CHANGES.txt:1.625.2.235
Sidnei da Silva
sidnei at awkly.org
Tue Nov 2 12:25:28 EST 2004
Update of /cvs-repository/Zope/doc
In directory cvs.zope.org:/tmp/cvs-serv15504/doc
- Always unescape element contents on webdav.xmltools
- Use saxutils to escape/unescape values for/from
- Make OFS.PropertySheet use the escaping function from
- Escape/unescape " and '
- Set a default value of '' for the new 'alt' property as not to
break existing content.
=== Zope/doc/CHANGES.txt 1.625.2.234 => 1.625.2.235 ===
--- Zope/doc/CHANGES.txt:1.625.2.234 Sun Oct 31 13:51:00 2004
+++ Zope/doc/CHANGES.txt Tue Nov 2 12:24:57 2004
@@ -9,24 +9,37 @@
- docutils: updated to V 0.3.5. The Zope core now contains a full copy
- of the docutils package except some GPLed files which can not be
- included with the Zope distribution due to license constraints on
+ of the docutils package except some GPLed files which can not be
+ included with the Zope distribution due to license constraints on
- - docutils: moved from lib/python/docutils to
+ - docutils: moved from lib/python/docutils to
- Collector #1557/OFS.Image: Introducing new 'alt' property. The 'alt'
attribute is no longer taken from the 'title' property but from the new
- 'alt' property. The border="0" attribute is no longer part of the HTML
+ 'alt' property. The border="0" attribute is no longer part of the HTML
output except specified otherwise.
- - Collector #1511: made IPCServer show up in the Control Panel under
+ - Set a default value of '' for the new 'alt' property as not to
+ break existing content.
+ - Collector #1511: made IPCServer show up in the Control Panel under
- - Collector #1443: Applied patch by Simon Eisenmann that reimplements
+ - Collector #1443: Applied patch by Simon Eisenmann that reimplements
the XML parser used in WebDAV fixing a memory leak.
+ - Always unescape element contents on webdav.xmltools
+ - Use saxutils to escape/unescape values for/from
+ - Make OFS.PropertySheet use the escaping function from
+ - Escape/unescape " and '
Zope 2.7.3 final
@@ -74,7 +87,7 @@
- Collector #1425: correct example for trace logger in zope.conf.
- - Collector #1457: ZCTextIndex's QueryError and ParseError
+ - Collector #1457: ZCTextIndex's QueryError and ParseError
are now available for import from untrusted code.
- Collector #1491: talgettext.py did not create a proper header
@@ -94,10 +107,10 @@
- Collector #1477: TaintedString.strip() now implements the
same signature as str.strip()
- - Collector 789: Add Michael Dunstan's "explicit abort after error
- propagates into publisher" patch as documented in
+ - Collector 789: Add Michael Dunstan's "explicit abort after error
+ propagates into publisher" patch as documented in
http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/789 and as required by recent changes
- to ZODB which prevent a connection from being cleanly closed if
+ to ZODB which prevent a connection from being cleanly closed if
modifications are extant in that connection. (Reports exist of
improved sessioning behavior as a result also.)
@@ -121,12 +134,12 @@
- Removed DWIM'y attempt to filter acquired-but-not-aceessible
results from 'guarded_getattr'.
- - Collector #1267: applied patch to fix segmentation faults on
+ - Collector #1267: applied patch to fix segmentation faults on
- - ZReST: the charset used in the rendered HTML was not set to the
+ - ZReST: the charset used in the rendered HTML was not set to the
corresponding output_encoding property of the ZReST instance. In addition
- changing the encodings through the Properties tab did not re-render
+ changing the encodings through the Properties tab did not re-render
- Collector #1234: an exception triple passed to LOG() was not propagated
@@ -169,15 +182,15 @@
- Collector #1295: Fixed minor niglet with the Elvis tutorial.
- - Collector #1436: applied patch to fix a memory leak in
+ - Collector #1436: applied patch to fix a memory leak in
- Collector #1435: fixed mis-spelled variable name in zopeservice.py
- Collector #1431: fix in initgroups.c for NetBSD
- - Added Stefan Holek's changes to test.py that allow for tests to be
- run from an instance
+ - Added Stefan Holek's changes to test.py that allow for tests to be
+ run from an instance
- added "version.txt" to setup.py to avoid untrue "unreleased version"
messages within the control panel
@@ -200,22 +213,22 @@
- Collector #1384: Fixed LazyCat length calculation after all contained
sequences have been fully accessed.
- - Collector #1386: Fixed ISO 1386, making the colon in the timezone
+ - Collector #1386: Fixed ISO 1386, making the colon in the timezone
- Collector #1392: ExternalMethod ignored management_page_charset
- Fix for issue 233 in the Zope 3 collector. This corresponds to the
Zope 2.7.1 final
- reST support has been broken due to a failed import
- Zope 2.7.1 beta2
+ Zope 2.7.1 beta2
@@ -229,11 +242,11 @@
- Collector #1293: missing 'address' parameters within one of the server
- sections raise an exception.
+ sections raise an exception.
- Collector #1265: Fixed handling of orphans in ZTUtil.Batch
- - Collector #1213: Fixed wrong labels of cache parameters
+ - Collector #1213: Fixed wrong labels of cache parameters
- Collector #596: Page Templates can now be added via
ZPublisher.Client or any other situation in which
@@ -245,7 +258,7 @@
in SearchableText() if available (i.e. CMF content)
- Zope 2.7.1 beta1
+ Zope 2.7.1 beta1
@@ -279,7 +292,7 @@
- New "transience" implementation which is more stable under high
load. This fixes some sessioning problems. Much gratitude to
Michael Dunstan for providing a function testing rig for sessioning
- that allowed for the reproduction of various failures at will!
+ that allowed for the reproduction of various failures at will!
- Recataloging a ZCatalog instance is now more safe and predictable.
Indexing errors are catched and logged. In addition the progress of the
@@ -288,7 +301,7 @@
- AccessControl/Role.py: permission_settings() has a new optional
parameter 'permission' to retrieve the settings for a specific
- OFS.OrderSupport: Added optional 'subset_ids' argument to move methods.
This is useful in combination with views that filter out some hidden
@@ -350,7 +363,7 @@
- New restructured text implementation with an updated docutils
- New zope.conf directive called rest-header-level with a default
value of 3. It's setting the initial header level for rest like
structured-text-header-level for stx.
@@ -358,7 +371,7 @@
- Collector #1233: Introducing a new environment variable ZOPE_CONFIG
has can be used to specify the location of the zope.conf file for
scripts importing the 'Zope' module directly. In earlier versions
- it has been necessary to call Zope.configure explict.
+ it has been necessary to call Zope.configure explict.
@@ -373,7 +386,7 @@
- The testrunner.py has been removed since it is replaced with the
- Collector #789: Zope's transaction behavior flawed. Historically,
@@ -394,12 +407,12 @@
__delitem__, update, or clear methods because they did not
signal to the ZODB persistence machinery that they had been
- Collector #852: Bug in the error reporting of some failure
cases in transactions meant that the cause of the failure was
- Collector #1345: AcceleratedHTTPCacheManager now sends the
@@ -412,7 +425,7 @@
running the daemon manager.
- Collector #1341: TemporaryStorage was not usable under a ZEO server.
- Collector #777: 'HTTPRequest.__str__' was perfectly happy to display
the values of password fields; the issue notes their presence in the
error log, but '<dtml-var REQEUEST>' or
@@ -421,7 +434,7 @@
- Fixed bug in catalog merging which could cause a KeyError when
merging results sorted by an index with few keys.
- - Collector #1126: ZPublisher.Converters.field2lines now using
+ - Collector #1126: ZPublisher.Converters.field2lines now using
splitlines() instead of split('\n').
- Collector #1322: fixed HTML quoting problem with ZSQL methods
@@ -440,23 +453,23 @@
- Collector #1259: removed the "uninstall" target from the Makefile
since the uninstall routine could also remove non-Zope files. Because
- this was to dangerous it has been removed completely.
+ this was to dangerous it has been removed completely.
- Collector #1299: Fixed bug in sequence.sort()
- Collector #1309: The reference counts reported by
DB.cacheExtremeDetails() for ghosts were one too small.
- - Collector #1159: Added test for __MACH__ to initgroups.c so the
+ - Collector #1159: Added test for __MACH__ to initgroups.c so the
initgroups method becomes available on Mac OS X.
- - Collector #1226: ZTUtils.Tree encoding could include carriage
+ - Collector #1226: ZTUtils.Tree encoding could include carriage
returns, which would result in a malformed cookie HTTP header.
- Collector #1222: Fixed broken API help by adding missing security
declarations in APIHelpTopic.py.
- - Collector #1004: text,token properties were missing in
+ - Collector #1004: text,token properties were missing in
PropertyManager management page.
- Collector #553: sporadic Zope crashes
@@ -467,15 +480,15 @@
- Collector #1298, ZSQLMethods now have a __traceback_supplement__
so they are not rendered in the site error log.
- Collector #562: pDocumentTemplate is now disconnected because it
has been broken for some time. It will no longer get imported
if cDocumentTemplate isn't there. It is left only as an implementation
reference for the C version.
- Collector #1300, Fixed persistence of dtml-tree state which was
caused by an overly cautious unpickler.
- Collector #544: Remove Content-Length header for 304 responses from
images/files which violated RFC 2616. This was a workaround for a
since fixed Apache proxy-cache bug.
More information about the Zope-Checkins