[Zope-Checkins] SVN: Zope/trunk/doc/CHANGES.txt Updated CHANGES.txt
to reflect more closely work done on Zope-2_8-branch.
zbir at urbanape.com
Wed Aug 24 14:00:06 EDT 2005
Log message for revision 38073:
Updated CHANGES.txt to reflect more closely work done on Zope-2_8-branch.
In the interest of keeping myself sane, I've left the "Trunk only
(unreleased)" section alone
--- Zope/trunk/doc/CHANGES.txt 2005-08-24 17:40:22 UTC (rev 38072)
+++ Zope/trunk/doc/CHANGES.txt 2005-08-24 18:00:05 UTC (rev 38073)
@@ -26,41 +26,56 @@
- - AccessControl, Acquisition, App, OFS, webdav, PluginIndexes, ZCatalog
- and ZCTextIndex: Added some Zope 3 style interfaces.
+ - AccessControl, Acquisition, App, OFS, webdav, PluginIndexes,
+ ZCatalog and ZCTextIndex: Added some Zope 3 style interfaces.
This makes the bridged interfaces shipped with Five obsolete.
- ZConfig extension, address now also accepts symbolic port names
from etc/services (unix) or etc\services (win32)
- - ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.FileUpload now supports full file object interface.
- This means Iterator support was added. (for line in fileobject: ...,
- as well as fileobject.next() and fileobject.xreadlines() )
- Collector #1837
+ - ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.FileUpload now supports full file
+ object interface. This means Iterator support was added. (for
+ line in fileobject: ..., as well as fileobject.next() and
+ fileobject.xreadlines() ) Collector #1837
- after Zope 2.8b1
+ after Zope 2.8.1
- Features added
+ Bugs Fixed
- - Made WebDAV server distinguishable from the default HTTP
- server both in the ZMI and in event.log.
+ - Collector #1871: Applied patch to support lists with records using
- - Included BTreeFolder2
+ - AccessControl: creating a new user through "zpasswd inituser" did not
+ work properly with a top-level user folder with enabled password
- Bugs fixed
- - Collector #1871: Applied patch to support lists with records using
- ZCatalog: refreshCatalog() could not be called safely from a ZEO
- Catalog.clear(): fixed handling of _length attribute (caused import
problems for some .zexp files e.g. Squishdot instances)
- - Collector #1773: by default user accounts are now encrypted for
- security reasons
+ - DateIndex now properly removes documents from both indexes if
+ the value is None
+ Zope 2.8.1 (2005/08/11)
+ Features added
+ - Interface: Added Z3 -> Z2 bridge utilities.
+ This allows to migrate interfaces to Zope 3 style interfaces and
+ bridge them back to oldstyle interfaces for backwards compatibility.
+ Bugs Fixed
+ - Zope2.Startup.zopectl: fork before execv when running unit tests
+ (don't exit the shell, if run from there).
+ - TAL: MassageIDs are now handled the same way as in zope.tal.
+ - DocumentTemplate: ustr no longer mangles MassageIDs.
+ Custom string types are now returned unchanged.
- As developed in a long thread starting at
there appears to be a race bug in the Microsoft Windows socket
@@ -72,10 +87,35 @@
- Collector #1807: fixed memory leak in cAccessControl.guarded_getattr()
+ Zope 2.8.1 b1 (2005/07/28)
+ Features Added
+ - PluginIndexes, ZCTextIndex and ZCatalog: Added some z3 interfaces.
+ - Verbose security exception reporting has been folded into Zope,
+ removing the need for the VerboseSecurity product. See the
+ documentation for the "verbose-security" option in zope.conf.
+ - "TemporaryStorage" (the storage that is used mainly to back the
+ default sessioning database) is now MVCC capable, which essentially
+ means that its usage will no longer generate ZODB ReadConflictErrors.
+ Bugs Fixed
- Collector #1852: fixed wrong URL construction in webdav.davcmds
- Collector #1844: fixed whitespace handling in the ZMI "Find" tab
+ - Collector #1813: removed spurious inclusion of CMFBTreeFolder.
+ in Products/BTreeFolder2 (CMFCore will include it after 1.5, with
+ an appropriate module alias for backward compatibility).
+ - Replaced all transaction.commit(1) calls by transaction.savepoint()
+ - Collector #1832: UnIndex swallowed ConflictErrors.
- Collector #1815: ZCTextIndex accepts (again) sequences of strings to
@@ -83,28 +123,64 @@
- Fixed CMFBTreeFolder for CMF 1.5+
+ - WebDAV COPY and MOVE did not call '_notifyOfCopyTo' and '_postCopy'
+ hooks like it was done in OFS.CopySupport. Additionally added
+ 'manage_changeOwnershipType' to make MOVE behave even closer to
+ - Collector #1548: Fix 'httplib' usage in ZPublisher.Client.
- Collector #1808: manage_convertIndexes no longer tries to change the
index types causing some trouble with CMF.
- - manage_convertIndexes now handles DateRangeIndexes and PathIndexes properly
+ - manage_convertIndexes did not treat DateRangeIndexes and PathIndexes
- - WebDAV COPY and MOVE did not call '_notifyOfCopyTo' and
- '_postCopy' hooks like it was done in
- OFS.CopySupport. Additionally added
- 'manage_changeOwnershipType' to make MOVE behave even closer
- to OFS.CopySupport.
+ - Updated Zope X3 to bugfix release 3.0.1
- - Collector #1548: Fix 'httplib' usage in ZPublisher.Client.
+ - Updated Five to bugfix release 1.0.2 (see Products/Five/CHANGES.txt)
+ Zope 2.8.0 (2005/06/11)
+ Bugs Fixed
- Collector #1792: applied patch for broken ZClasses
+ - doc/FAQ.txt updated: should bear some resemblance to reality now.
+ (PCGI stuff removed; error information updated; PID information
+ updated; upgrade procedure added; some common version questions added.)
+ - Collector #1770: Fixed RestructuredText subtitle
- Collector #1803: Fixed InitializeClass for some corner case.
- - Collector #1798, issue1: ZopeTestCase no longer tries to
- install products that was installed by Zope during startup.
+ - Collector #1798, issue 1: ZopeTestCase no longer tries to
+ install products that were installed by Zope during startup.
+ - Collector #1799: Avoid lying about parent's refcount when
+ calling back into Python code.
+ - Collector #889: made 'and' operator for KeywordIndexes actually
+ restrict results as expected (thanks to 'aroda' for the patch!).
- Collector #1323: applied patch to fix umask problem in zdctl
+ - Updated Five to bugfix release 1.0.1 (see Products/Five/CHANGES.txt)
+ Zope 2.8.0 b2 (2005/05/22)
+ Features added
+ - Made WebDAV server distinguishable from the default HTTP
+ server both in the ZMI and in event.log.
+ - Included BTreeFolder2
+ Bugs fixed
+ - Collector #1507/1728: Server addresses are now handled the same way on
+ all platforms. This fixes the default binding on Windows.
- Collector #1781: made 'create_mount_points' ZConfig option actually
work (thanks to Dieter Maurer for the patch).
More information about the Zope-Checkins