[Zope-Checkins] SVN: Zope/trunk/ Merge r40237 from 2.9 branch:
Philipp von Weitershausen
philikon at philikon.de
Fri Nov 18 23:34:59 EST 2005
Log message for revision 40239:
Merge r40237 from 2.9 branch:
Restify document and point to ZPL 2.1 license text.
Merge r40238 from 2.9 branch:
get rid of ZPL 2.0 license text. ZopePublicLicense.txt is taking over
--- Zope/trunk/README.txt 2005-11-19 04:17:16 UTC (rev 40238)
+++ Zope/trunk/README.txt 2005-11-19 04:34:59 UTC (rev 40239)
@@ -1,41 +1,44 @@
Welcome to The Zope Source Release
- Zope is an open-source web application server.
+Zope is an open-source web application server.
- This document provides some general information about the Zope
- source release and provides links to other documents.
+This document provides some general information about the Zope source
+release and provides links to other documents.
- Installation information can be found in "doc/INSTALL.txt". Other
- documentation is also in the "doc" directory and in the Zope.org
- documentation section at http://www.zope.org/Documentation/.
+Installation information can be found in ``doc/INSTALL.txt``. Other
+documentation is also in the "doc" directory and in the Zope.org
+documentation section at http://www.zope.org/Documentation/.
- General Zope information is available at http://www.zope.org/
+General Zope information is available at http://www.zope.org/
- Report problems with this release on the Zope mailing list
- (zope at zope.org) To subscribe to the list send mail to
- zope-request at zope.org with "subscribe" in the subject line.
+Report problems with this release on the Zope mailing list
+(zope at zope.org) To subscribe to the list send mail to
+zope-request at zope.org with "subscribe" in the subject line.
- The source release is intended for tinkerers, those who want to use
- Zope components separately, people who want to use their own Python,
- and people who work on platforms that are not supported by
- a binary distribution.
+The source release is intended for tinkerers, those who want to use
+Zope components separately, people who want to use their own Python,
+and people who work on platforms that are not supported by a binary
- The Zope License is included in "doc/LICENSE.txt" Send your feedback
- about the license to zope-license at zope.org.
+The Zope License is included in ``ZopePublicLicense.txt``. Send your
+feedback about the license to zope-license at zope.org.
- Follow the instructions in "doc/INSTALL.txt" to install Zope.
+Follow the instructions in ``doc/INSTALL.txt`` to install Zope.
- Bugs reports should be made through the Zope bugtracker at
- http://collector.zope.org/Zope. A bug report should contain detailed
- information about how to reproduce the bug, error messages (see /error_log
- within the ZMI or var/event.log)
+Bugs reports should be made through the Zope bugtracker at
+http://collector.zope.org/Zope. A bug report should contain detailed
+information about how to reproduce the bug, error messages (see
+/error_log within the ZMI or var/event.log)
--- Zope/trunk/doc/LICENSE.txt 2005-11-19 04:17:16 UTC (rev 40238)
+++ Zope/trunk/doc/LICENSE.txt 2005-11-19 04:34:59 UTC (rev 40239)
@@ -1,54 +0,0 @@
-Zope Public License (ZPL) Version 2.1
-A copyright notice accompanies this license document that
-identifies the copyright holders.
-This license has been certified as open source. It has also
-been designated as GPL compatible by the Free Software
-Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or
-without modification, are permitted provided that the
-following conditions are met:
-1. Redistributions in source code must retain the
- accompanying copyright notice, this list of conditions,
- and the following disclaimer.
-2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the accompanying
- copyright notice, this list of conditions, and the
- following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other
- materials provided with the distribution.
-3. Names of the copyright holders must not be used to
- endorse or promote products derived from this software
- without prior written permission from the copyright
-4. The right to distribute this software or to use it for
- any purpose does not give you the right to use
- Servicemarks (sm) or Trademarks (tm) of the copyright
- holders. Use of them is covered by separate agreement
- with the copyright holders.
-5. If any files are modified, you must cause the modified
- files to carry prominent notices stating that you changed
- the files and the date of any change.
- THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS ``AS IS''
- AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT
- NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
- AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN
- NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE
- LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
- EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
- LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
- LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
- HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
- CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
- OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
- SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
More information about the Zope-Checkins