[Zope-Checkins] SVN: Products.Five/branches/1.0/ Make docs more
Philipp von Weitershausen
philikon at philikon.de
Fri Mar 31 11:52:05 EST 2006
Log message for revision 66278:
Make docs more Zope 2.8-friendly
--- Products.Five/branches/1.0/COPYING.txt 2006-03-31 16:51:28 UTC (rev 66277)
+++ Products.Five/branches/1.0/COPYING.txt 2006-03-31 16:52:05 UTC (rev 66278)
@@ -6,19 +6,8 @@
Five contains source code derived from:
-- Zope 3, copyright (C) 2001-2005 by Zope Corporation. Code that
- falls under this copyright is prefixed with the following header:
+- Zope 3, copyright (C) 2001-2005 by Zope Corporation.
- Copyright (c) 2001-2004 Zope Corporation and Contributors.
- All Rights Reserved.
- This software is subject to the provisions of the Zope Public
- License, Version 2.1 (ZPL). A copy of the ZPL should accompany this
- distribution. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY AND ALL
- EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
- LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY,
- AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- metaclass.py is derived from PEAK, copyright (C) 1996-2004 by
Phillip J. Eby and Tyler C. Sarna. PEAK may be used under the same
terms as Zope.
--- Products.Five/branches/1.0/INSTALL.txt 2006-03-31 16:51:28 UTC (rev 66277)
+++ Products.Five/branches/1.0/INSTALL.txt 2006-03-31 16:52:05 UTC (rev 66278)
@@ -1,74 +1,18 @@
How to install Five
-Requirements for Five 1.0
+Requirements for Five 1.0.3
-* Zope 2.7.4+ with python 2.3.x. Zope versions lower than Zope 2.7.4
- may work, but no guarantees.
+* Zope 2.8.0+ with Python 2.3.x.
-* Zope X3.0.0, found here: http://zope.org/Products/ZopeX3/3.0.0final/
+Note that Five 1.0 is also part of Zope 2.8. You can still install a
+newer Five version in your instance, if you like. It will override
+the Five product inside the Zope tree.
-Note that Five 1.0 is also part of Zope 2.8, so if you are using Zope
-2.8, you do not need to install Five separately, unless you want to
-use a version of Five later than 1.0.
+Running the tests
-Installing Five is relatively straightforward.
-* Select a Zope 2.7 instance.
-* Download and install Zope X3.0.0. You can get it compiled and
- installed by:
- * Typing ``configure``. When you're experimenting, typically you
- want to use the ``--prefix`` directive to install the binaries
- to install it somewhere in your homedirectory.
- * ``make``
- * ``make install``
- On windows you can install choose to use the binary release instead.
- Alternatively you can check out the latest subversion version of
- Zope X3.0 and typing ``make`` to produce it in-place.
-* You need to make your Zope 2.7 instance aware of Zope 3 so it can
- import the ``zope``, ``persistent`` and ``transaction`` packages from it.
-* In non-ZEO setups, you can simply go to the ``etc/zope.conf`` of
- your Zope 2.7 instance and add a ``path`` entry. If you used the
- released version of Zope X3.0.0, use something like the following::
- path /path/to/installed/Zope3/lib/python
- If you are instead using the subversion version, use::
- path /path/to/Zope3/src
- If you have problems however, see the instructions for the ZEO
-* In ZEO setups (or some other circumstances), Zope 3's ZEO packages
- will interfere with Zope 2's. In this case you can create a new
- directory, symlink the ``zope``, ``persistent`` and ``transaction``
- packages in it and use this directory for the ``path`` entry in the
- ``etc/zope.conf`` of your Zope 2.7 instance.
-* Next, install the Five product into your Zope 2.7 instance as a
- product and restart Zope. Five should now be installed.
-* You can also install various products in the ``doc/products``
- subdirectory of Five by copying them into your ``Products``
- directory. In addition, you can look at ``tests/products/FiveTest``,
- which is installed automatically when you run the Five tests. This
- may contain examples of more recent features.
-Installing the tests
For information on how to install the automatic Five tests, please see
More information about the Zope-Checkins