[Zope-Checkins] SVN: Zope/trunk/lib/python/Signals/Signals.py Remove signal-driven pack cruft.
tseaver at palladion.com
Fri Dec 26 12:57:32 EST 2008
Log message for revision 94365:
Remove signal-driven pack cruft.
--- Zope/trunk/lib/python/Signals/Signals.py 2008-12-26 17:00:16 UTC (rev 94364)
+++ Zope/trunk/lib/python/Signals/Signals.py 2008-12-26 17:57:31 UTC (rev 94365)
@@ -87,19 +87,6 @@
logger.info("Log files rotation complete")
- """ Packs the main database. Not safe to call under a signal
- handler, because it blocks the main thread """
- logger.info('Packing main ZODB database')
- import Globals
- db = Globals.opened
- logger.info('Database packing launched or completed successfully')
- logger.exception('Call to pack failed!')
from signal import SIGTERM, SIGINT
@@ -122,11 +109,3 @@
# no restart handler on windows.
# Log files get 'rotated', not 'reopened'
- # SIGUSR1 is nominally reserved for pack, but we dont have an
- # implementation that is stable yet because if the signal handler
- # fires it will be caught in the main thread and all network operations
- # will cease until it's finished.
- # (The above is *not* True for Windows - a different thread is used to
- # catch the signals. This probably could be switched on for Windows
- # if anyone cares)
- #SignalHandler.registerHandler(SIGUSR1, packHandler)
More information about the Zope-Checkins