[Zope-PTK] U/L Document Presents save or Open Dialog

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:16:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Travis Llewellyn wrote:

> I have a quick question.  If I upload a Word file using the Wizard
> it adds it ok but the first time I click on it it present a dialog
> asking to open or save, I select open, then it presents another
> dialog asking the same thing I click open and it opens the windows
> dialog askin with what program.  After I click cancel then clik on
> the file again it opens immediately in Word like it is supposed to.
>
> Do I have something configured wrong or is his how it is supposed to
> be?

  What is the 'id' if the object you are downloading?  If it does not
end in a Word extension ('.doc', I guess), Windows will not know what
to do with it when you try to open it.  This would explain the 'Open
with...' dialog.

  If that is not the problem, it does sound like you're having Windows
configuration problem.  Unfortunately, I do not have Word so I can't
easilly reproduce the exact situation.

  A diagnostic can try: If you have WinZip installed, upload and
download a .zip file.  (Make sure it is named something.zip on the
Zope server!)  When you dowload, you should be prompted once for 'Save
or Open'.  If you select open, the next dialog to appear should be
WinZip's.  You shouldn't be asked twice about what to do with it, nor
should you be asked what to open it with.

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228