[Zope-PTK] location directed publishing and the PTK publish process

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:39:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Nitin Borwankar wrote:

> Hi All,

  Hello, Nitin.

> Correct me if I am wrong but the current PTK publish mechanism
> doesn't make the document visible via a link on a page *UNLESS* you
> do a search. Thus "published" content is not really "publicly
> visible" on some page with links to the content.

  Other than for NewsItems, that is so.  There are a couple of reports
which look for recent NewsItems and generate links to them.  Similar
reports could be made for other sorts of content, or all content for
that matter.

> We have had to make some changes to the PTK internals to make this
> location directed publishing possible and would like to make this
> available for assimilation into the PTK codeline if it is deemed
> useful.  In the case of our site we couldn't really do without it
> and I suspect most Portal sites couldn't either, so please speak up
> and let us know if this is a useful enough feature.
>
> It will take us a few weeks to get all the code in shape for public
> consumption so this would be a good time to start the "Yea/Nay"
> process.

  I would like to hear about the changes you had to make.  There may
still be a way to manage this without having to change the internals.
If not, they may be changes I'd like to adopt, and so I could do
whatever cleaning up you have in mind.

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228