[Zope-PTK] I could be wrong but my toolbox ain't workin right...

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 21:11:25 -0600

Chip Vanek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having the same problem.  The Pending review link
> also quit working for me but, I think that is my having
> some of the old permission structures intermixed with
> the new evolving permission structures.

> Anyway, I am seeing the same problems in toolbox and looking in
> to it.
>
> Best,
>
> Chip Vanek
> chip@upcast.com

> >Hi PTK group,
> >
> >After installing the latest release of the PTK (and
> >making some changes) I found that when "my stuff"
> >is viewed the UNDO and RECONFIGURE PORTAL options
> >display in the toolbox, regardless of the user.
> >
> >For example, open a new browser then log in as a
> >new user, say, Fred.  Fred's toolbox shows these options.
> >I only mention the "new browser" in passing, I am sure that
> >that has no effect here.
> >
> >I have another machine set up with an older version of
> >PTK (and the 2.1.4 Zope version if it makes a diff) and this
> >doesn't occur.
> >
> >I changed some stuff in ../PTKBase/dtml/toolbox.dtml
> >(to match the different styles I am using in this project)
> >but I don't think that would cause this problem.
> >
> >Anyone else see this or have I srizonified my PTK somehow??
> >If not then I will submit this to the issue tracker.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Jeff Sasmor
> >jeff@sasmor.com

Undo _should_ appear for logged in users.
Th e'new browser window' may be a key.' Are you using Netscape? If so,
are you logged into the management screen on another netscape window? If
so, this is the likely cause of the problem.

Failing that, what did you change in toolbox.py?

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.