[Zope-PTK] large number of users, how does Zope.org do it?

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:20:10 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martijn Pieters" <mj@digicool.com>
To: "Kevin Dangoor" <kid@kendermedia.com>
Cc: <zope-ptk@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2000 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope-PTK] large number of users, how does Zope.org do it?

> In our case, using a BTreeFolder wouldn't solve the problems either, as we
> need to list data from all Member Folders (publicly visible or not) and
all
> User objects (last login for activity metrics). We still'd be waking up
> 12000+ objects.

Couldn't you use ZCatalog for this? That way you're only waking up the
catalog metadata for the roster. Or is it that when you say "need to list
data from all Member Folders" you're talking about the documents, products,
etc that live within the Member folder?

I posed the original question because I was curious about the performance of
simply traversing to /Members/tazzzzz/kmnn, for example... I can certainly
see how there would be performance issues if you're ever trying to get data
from all of the objects in all of the member folders...

Kevin