[Zope-PTK] FYI: Sad news for PTK

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:11:27 +0100

> Let's not get too wrapped up with the _implementation_ of how to
> collaborate.  If people are genuinely interested in working together,
> we'll find a way to do it.

I'll go with this. The main reason I suggested SourceForge is 'cos of
the environment it provides, but DC and the Zope community already has
all this and better:

- We have three very active mailing lists
- We have the Tracker, which beats Sourceforge by a LONG way ;-)
- DC already has a good, solid CVS architecture

> Still, we have to get to the point where there are people besides
> Digital Creations making checkins.  This should happen for Zope itself,
> and I view PTK as a good starting point to get our feet wet.

This I have to make the point of totally agreeing with ;-)

The PTK could prove very useful in terms of exploring the issues of:
- non-DC CSV checkins
- non-DC people as supporters/etc in the Tracker(s)

This could then, very importantly, be applied to Zope, ZEO, Tracker, etc
as well...

cheers,

Chris