[Zope-PTK] [MAILING LIST] Reply To: field?

deano Deano@tomsnyder.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:31:35 -0400

on 4/27/00 10:18 AM, Chris Withers at chrisw@nipltd.com wrote:

> The problem with this is people who set auto-repsonse messages.
>
> Say someone has an "I'm out of the office until next week message",
> The reply would go to the list using your method.
> Then the list would send it back to the person.
> Which would generate another auto-response.
> ....and so on...
>
> That would be 'bad' ;-)

I'm sorry. I'm using Mailman for a list of my own, and it seems to handle
bouncestorms pretty well. But I certainly wasn't thinking of that problem.
So long as there's a good reason, I'm happy. Still, it's damned inconvenient
to train oneself to hit reply-all for just this one list... :) And
especially in the case of my messages, I'm sure people don't want two* of
them in their mailbox.

-Deano