[Zope-PTK] Re: Invalid index name

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:55:59 +0100

Dave Seidel wrote:

> Thanks, Steve.  Security's not an issue at this point, I'm experimenting on
> a private server.  Unfortunately, after making the changes you suggest, now
> there's another error:
>
> Error Type: AttributeError
> Error Value: 'None' object has no attribute 'setMemberProperties'
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File /www/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
> publish_module
>   File /www/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in publish
>   File /www/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 211, in
> zpublisher_exception_hook
>   File /www/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165, in publish
>   File /www/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
>     (Object: Portal_add)
>   File /www/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in call_object
>     (Object: Portal_add)
>   File /www/Zope/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line 156, in __call__
>     (Object: Portal_add)
>   File /www/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line 502, in
> __call__
>     (Object: Portal_add)
>   File /www/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_With.py, line 148, in render
>     (Object: Portal.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
>   File /www/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line 335, in eval
>     (Object: apply_wizard(REQUEST))
>     (Info: REQUEST)
>   File <string>, line 0, in ?
>   File /www/Zope/lib/python/Products/PTKDemo/Portal.py, line 241, in
> apply_wizard
>     (Object: DemoPortalBase)
> AttributeError: (see above)
>
> I'll try to track this down a little later, when I have more time.

Something rather strange is going on there.

Here's the line of the error, from
lib/python/Products/PTKDemo/Portal.py:

            self.addMember(username, password,
                           ['Member', 'Manager', 'Reviewer'], [])
 -->
self.acl_users.getUser(username).setMemberProperties(REQUEST)

This implies that the call to addMember isn't properly adding a member.
Otherwise, the marked line would discover the just-added member for
setting its properties.

Perhaps you could download a fresh Zope-2.1.6 ?  I'm using a recent PTK
CVS download with Zope-2.1.6 with none of these problems.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer