[Zope-PTK] PTK Membership

Shane Hathaway hathawsh@yahoo.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 05:48:42 -0700 (PDT)

Dennis,

The architecture of the PTK is more stable than it
ever has been.  It is now divided into three distinct
layers: the tools, which implement all security but no
user interface; the UI, which currently consists of
the DTML at the base of a portal, and the "controller"
layer, which glues the UI and the tools together and
currently consists of the methods in the Portal
ZClass.

The *implementation* of PTK, which is different from
architecture, still has a few buglets to iron out.
But I think that the implementation is already more
stable than the former PTK implementation.

It is easier to implement membership than it has been,
but since ZPatterns and LoginManager are not
considered stable, and MembershipZ relies on them, the
MembershipZ implementation has not been a priority.
But it should be quite simple to update.  When our
network is back, we'll have an opportunity to look
into it.

Shane