[Zope-PTK] Re: ??: PTK security

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:32:57 -0400

Howard Zhang wrote:

>   My question is since PTK base on Zope Security Role now,
> If Change object state to Published or others ,  object permission in
> Zope should be changed.right ? now in PTK ,I didn't find it
> maybe i lost sth?
> and correction is welcomed

We've been working on that very problem in another thread.  Fabio
brought up some issues, however, that seem to indicate that a new
publishing permission mechanism would be more involved than we hoped.
So unless anyone has any objections, we're going to reimplement the old
strategy of manually setting role to permission mappings.  It's ugly
but it's better than nothing, and it's easily understood.

Shane