[Zope-PTK] Membership and PTK

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:05:51 -0400

Bill Anderson wrote:

> Renato De Giovanni wrote:
>
> > Moreover, I think it would be also desirable to provide a way to help users remember
> > their login, don't you think so? Unfortunately that happens too...
>
> I don't have the implementation out yet, but the hooks and means to do so are there. I've done it, I just haven't put it
> into the Membership interface yet.

Bill and PTKers,

FYI--You may notice that ZODBMemberFolder, although it works, has not
been cleaned up in the revised PTK architecture.  That's because we're
trying to avoid duplication of effort; we're holding out for ZPatterns
and LoginManager to become stable so you can use Bill's membership
system as a standard PTK component.

In the meanwhile, ZODBMemberFolder is stable enough to use in most
situations.  At least it allows you to set up a portal without
ZPatterns, etc.

Also, SQLMemberFolder would need quite a bit of work, but would most
certainly be a duplication of effort.

Shane