[Zope-PTK] Portal Folders problem under 2.2.1b1 and 0.8.2

Dennis Nichols nichols@tradingconnections.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:57:38 -0500

Using a fresh install of Zope 2.2.1b1 and PTK 0.8.2, I find this anomalous
behavior with folders...

If I create a Portal Folder (inside a Portal), it looks exactly like an
ordinary folder:
- when shown in the management interface
   it says only "Folder at /a/b"
- the items that can be added within the
   folder are the same in either case (no
   "News Item" for example)

Neither of the above was true under my 2.1.6 and 0.7.1 installation
- a Portal Folder shown in the management
   interface said "Portal Folder at /a/b"
- many more items are available to add
   in a Portal Folder, "News Item" for example

And now for the weirdest part...
1. I exported a Portal Folder from 2.1.6 + 0.7.1
2. I imported it into 2.2.1b1 + 0.8.2
3. It still says only "Folder at /a/b"
4. But I think it really is a Portal Folder
    because I can add those better things like
    "News Item" :-)

Why is this happening?
1. I made some long forgotten change in 2.1.6 +
    0.7.1 that made it act "right" - probably not.
2. I really messed up the install of 2.2.1b1 + 0.8.2 -
    a strong possibility, the install was OK except
    I had to add the Factory patch, and had to
    mess with file permissions
3. I don't know what I'm doing - almost certainly
4. Some bug in 0.8.2 - could be, but that would
    mean nobody else can add Portal Folders either?

Any clues for the clueless?