[Zope-PTK] Wizards and Form data types

Tiago Antão tra@fct.unl.pt
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 00:18:45 +0000 (WET)

Hi!

shane> It's a product of the limitations of wizards as implemented in the PTK.
shane> It could be fixed directly, but it would be hideous DTML.  A better
shane> solution would either move the Wizard class into a filesystem product or
shane> make use of the new Python Scripts.  What would you prefer?

  I've found another way of dealing with the problem, although it's a bit
dirty:
  If you declare a form parameter as :list it will be returned as a string
BUT that string has a list syntax so eval() can be used to get a real
list.

  Regarding your question: I don't have yet the necessary maturity in Zope
to give a qualified/usefull answer. When you say Python Scripts you are
talking about PythonMethods? A filesystem version would have the advantage
of not requiring PM, but PM seems to be such a good thing that it'll
probably be widely available and seen as a natural and acceptable
requirement. But, again, I'm a newbie, I don't have yet gasped some of the
most basic things in Zope.

Best regards,
Tiago