[Zope-PTK] Wizard Product damaged?

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sat, 02 Dec 2000 11:52:24 -0500

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> I'd like to use the Wizard product for one of my projects. However, the
> Wizard Product included in 0.8.2 does not contain the
> WizardPageWithProperties ZClass - it's missing.
>
> The wierd thing is that its constructor shows up in the management screen
> and there are some instances of it in DemoPortal...

I should yank 0.8.2 from the site -- it is the last vestige of
our attempt to use "distribution tab" products to ease PTK installation.

The simplest fix would be to eradicate DemoPortal and Wizard from your
site, and reimport them from the .zexp files in PTKDemo.  A better fix
would be to upgrade to 0.9.2;  we've fixed lots of bugs since August.

As an alternative, you might upgrate Zope to 2.2.4;  it has a fix in it
for the product initialization bug which kills DP/Wizard when installed
as distribution tab products.