[Zope-PTK] Member Publishing

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
14 Dec 2000 01:28:25 GMT

On 13 Dec 2000 18:30:01 -0600, Renato De Giovanni wrote:
>> It would be very helpful if someone could create UI mockups of a state
>> machine creation and editing interface.  We need to know whether state
>> machines of this kind are simple enough to express on web pages.  If
>> they are too complex, we can simply create an API and the state machine
>> would be generated by Python calls to the API.
>
>I think it's possible to do some basic state machine representation
>using simplified web interfaces - even considering sub-state machines
>(by the way I'm not convinced that sub-state machines are really
>necessary, think carefully before trying to implement them!).

Actually, I think that workflows should inherently implement
sub-workflows. That's how process are organized and how people
work. One could argue that with an adequately designed workflow
system, *everything*, including queries are sub-workflows. Not to
mention that many workflows *require* sub-workflows...

As to whether a sub-workflow constitutes a sub-state, I'm not
exactly sure... :^)