[Zope-PTK] Member Publishing

Stephen Simmons stephen.simmons@healtharena.net
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:18:21 +0100

I've been following this workflow/state machine thread with a lot of
interest. While most of the comments have been about workflow on the content
creation side of the PTK, the same ideas apply on the web content
personalisation side of a portal.

Recently I've been looking at ATG Dynamo, a corporate-strength web
server/e-commerce suite. It has something called a "scenario server" for
building multi-state up-sell/cross-sell marketing promotions based from
customer profiles.  Look at
http://www.atg.com/blueprint/knowledge/sc_in_action/sc_action_main.html for
some scenario examples.

If some of the state machine ideas being floated here were implemented
generally enough to do both content creation (workflow) and content delivery
(personalisation/scenarios), Zope would be unstoppable!

Stephen

Stephen Simmons, stephen.simmons@healtharena.net
HealthArena B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands
phone +31 20 486 0555; mobile +31 6 1505 3086; fax +31 20 486 0559