[Zope-PTK] Is This Overkill for My App?

Ben Ocean beno@TheWebsons.com
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 08:30:42 -0800

Hi;
I've been commissioned to develop an Internet marketing program for a
national manufacturer of nutritional supplements. Our goal is to generate
64,000 unit sales per month within a year. As both a netizen, a marketer and
a makeshift programmer <g>, I realize the most effective way of doing that
is to develop community and a portal. However, we will not start out as such
(there are only so many hours in the day and so many dollars in the pot).
Nonetheless, it seems advantageous to me to build these facilities into the
Web site from the ground up. Is it possible to keep the vast majority of the
advantages of PTK latent to exploit them later, or should I simply build on
Zope and retrofit later?
TIA,
BenO