[Zope-PTK] DemoPortal install failure

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Fri, 04 Feb 2000 09:09:35 -0800

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:19:28 -0500 (EST)
Mike Pelletier <mike@digicool.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, J C Lawrence wrote:
>> Everything went fine up until I attempted to create a portal
>> object after importing DemoPortal.zexp:

> This sounds pretty weird, but try it and let me know what happens.

> From your Zope management interface, take a look at the contents
> of the 'DemoPortal' product.  Chances are the PortalWizard will
> show up ad being broken.  Click on the 'Contents' tab (that is,
> view that page again).  With luck, DemoProduct will magically have
> sorted itself out and will show up as a Wizard object.  At that
> point, you aught to be able to add Portals.  I can't explain this,
> but it works for me.  :-/

Okay.  I go to /Control Panel/Product Management/ and the DemoPortal
object looks just fine (normal icon).  For the never never I hit
Contents and nothing changes.  I also go into DemoPortal and wander
around the sub-objects for a while.

Going back out to my root folder I attempt to add a Portal and get
the same error as before.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu