[Zope-PTK] SearchableText and Localization

Alexandre Ratti alex@gabuzomeu.net
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 14:21:25 +0100

Hello Magnus,

If you want to localize the core Zope app, you may want to take a look at
the ZIP (Zope Internationalization Project) list archives. The ZIP list
info page is there: <http://www.eevolute.com/mailman/listinfo/zip>.

Some time ago we discussed decoupling localizable strings from the Python
code. At best, all localizable strings would need to be stored in external
"resource" files for easy translation. Adding new languages would then be a
very simple matter.

As for ZopePTK I haven't installed it yet.

I am interested in localizing Zope into French. Feel free to get in touch
with me or to discuss your plans on the ZIP list (zip@eevolute.com).

Cheers.

Alexandre