[Zope-PTK] Problem adding News (was: Problem adding member)

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 15:13:52 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Stefan Langerman wrote:

> Cool! it's working! I can now add new members, but...
>
> The member cannot create anything. I try to create a News item
> (or a link), follow the two steps, and get:

> But we're slowly getting somewhere... I feel it...

    Another bonehead move on my part.  When I stoped registering all the
portal classes with Zope, the constructors became unavailable.  I now have
all these classes adding their constructor methods to the PortalFolder
class.  Sorry!

    Since the Wizards changed, you will have to delete and re-import the
DemoPortal.zexp file.  If you wish to preserve existing portals, you will
have to refresh their interface from the template.  This is done by
logging into the portal as the manager, clicking on "Reconfigure
Portal".  The second paragraph on the reconfigure page offers a link to a
page which will re-copy the interface files out of the ZClass and into the
instance.  If you've edited any of these files, your changes will be lost
if you use this method.  You can instead edit the wizards by hand, there's
only three.  See the 'Properties' tab of the template wizards, and compare
it with your portal instances'.

> Thanks a lot,
> Stefan.

    NP!

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228