[Zope-PTK] morphing identity

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 05:23:18 -0500

From: Timothy Wilson [mailto:wilson@visi.com]

> I've noticed that there are some problems with keeping users
> straight from
> one screen to another. I created a regular user account along with my
> manager account and noticed that as I move from screen to screen that
> sometimes my identity will change between the two. Also, I
> went to another
> computer to look at the site, and when I put in the URL it
> popped up with
> my manager account already logged in. That's probably not supposed to
> happen. :-)

Uhoh. I think I know what goes wrong here.

Did you change things like the Roles on the manager account? If so, you
may inadvertadly have cleared the password field on that user. This is
due to an incomplete fix to the "password echoed iin password field box"
issue. When you submit the User form, with the password fiels empty, you
can be authenticated against this user without a password box ever
popping up, from anywhere in the network.

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149