[Zope-PTK] feature request: news categories

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 00:54:31 +0100

Hi Kevin,

At 14:59 Uhr -0500 15.02.2000, Kevin Dangoor wrote:
>  > I would like the PTK-based news product to be more Slashdot-like.
>
>Butch has a number of interesting thoughts for Squishdot in a PTK-world. I
>think he's talked about some on this list.

How about a PTK version of KM|net news? This is a great product from
you and would defenitely be an interesting addition to the PTK.

Remeber you said you will defenitely provide an upgrade path to PTK -
that's probably the best way...

Imagine every user being able to submit articles for every news
category and all the whistle and bells of KM|net news.... Top stories
for the homePage, rankings, favorites... and later the customizing
features for every user: create your own portal newspage, select the
categories you'r most interested in and those Top-Stories will be
your homepage... ahh, great!!!!

Jochen