[Zope-PTK] feature request: news categories

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:23:06 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Jochen Haeberle wrote:

> This does not go for all content, but for sure for articles or news
> items, even discussion-entries. Things are different for HowTos, Tips
> etc. where the user sort of is maintainer. Still every change to a
> published content should be reviewed before going public.

    I have much the same concerns.  There is a solution to this problem
already in the PTK.  When a user performs a change operation, a hook on
the Portal is called.  This gives you an opportunity to 'unpublish' an
item, or set it to 'pending review', or just let it go through, depending
on your policy.  This hook is... umm... notify_content.  Actually, it
occurs to me that I may not be calling this hook yet.  I think we might
have just realized it was a good idea and put it in, but were in too much
of a hurry to hook it up.  I'll make sure it is called in the appropreate
places.

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228