[Zope-PTK] Adding stuff to a portal

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 02:53:11 -0700

Mike Pelletier wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Bill Anderson wrote:
>
> > OK, have the latest CVS of the PTK, works fine, with a few caveats.
> >
> > o I can't add any additional folders (og PTK or standard variety),
> > ZDiscussions, etc. I have succesfully and effortlessly put a
> > KnowledgeBas ein, but everything else I try returns the following
> > traceback.
>
>     I'm not certain what's happened here.  Since the DTML was able to find
> getPortal (in the object's context) I can't see why Toolbox.__call__ was
> unable to find that method on the object.  Furthermore, I can't reproduce
> the problem.  Is it possible that I could examine your site myself?

I have narrowed it down to DTML Documents. DTML Methods work fine, DTML
Documents (and apparently Documents as well) barf.

> > o Member pages (ZODB) have to have an extra index_html tacked on to
> > them, or suffer an attribute error for __call__.
>
>     This is kind of ugly.  Zope seems to treat objects called 'index_html'
> differently, though I don't know this for certain.  It seems as though it
> never looks for an 'index_html' method on an object named 'index_html'.
> If I add '__call__=index_html' to the class, the DTML method is called but
> not in the context of the object (??!) so there are KeyErrors trying to
> reference any of the object's attributes.  This deserves some more of my
> attention.  Suggestions are appreciated!

I am wondering if thisn't an artifact specific to Documents after what I
learned tonight ...

Is it possible we are seeing an Aquisition problem? My Zen on
Acquisition could use some work, but I get this sneaky feeling that the
problem lies in there somewhere. Then again, I've been zoping for
hours... %^}

Bill

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.