[Zope-PTK] New PortalContent procedure and other Qs

dale w lance dale.w.lance@mail.sprint.com
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 08:39:09 -0600

--openmail-part-1abe5435-00000001

Ok, I have setup my new Portal object and it seems to be working just
fine.

(BTW - I created it by Making a new wizard in my Portal, copying
Document wizard, don't forget properties!.
went into PTKBase, copied Document.py to a Listing.py, changing for my
own purposes.
went into __init.py__ and added reference to my class)

Anyways to my philosophical question, I would like my product to be
able to contain
other objects (specifically I have two lists that I want) should I:

  1. create two list attributes in my class and manage addition/deletion
       (I get into trouble here trying to figure out where to intercept
Image.manage_add)
  2. create two Folder attributes in my class
       (I prefer this but have problems trying to decide where or how I
am going to do the
        management screen for this and how I am going to present this
to the user/owner
   since the default behavior is to render (as in view) the portal
object with a toolbox menu
        on the side) (hold on I just had a thought ... IGBTYOTL)
  3. Make my class a Folderish object and sort out the lists later
       (seems a little ugly - since I have objects and all . . .)

Dale Lance

(p.s. IGBTYOTL -- I'll get back to you on this later)

--openmail-part-1abe5435-00000001--