[Zope-PTK] Re: Status of LoginManager

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 13:47:22 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the update Ty.

Though I have a couple questions... I noticed in the CVS records that the
README hasn't been updated since the 1.2 release. The CVS record gives me
a general idea of what has changed between releases, but there are a
couple things that don't seem that obvious:

- Implement selectable user ZClasses

This seems to be the functionality that I want. But based on what the
current README says (from the version without this) it seemed that it was
possible before. Was the readme just ahead of its time or am I missing
something.

- Implement a Role Mapping facility on BUS, which other US's like GUS
  can use. Added to GUS. This allows you to have roles that imply other
  roles.

Could you explain Role Mapping a bit more... it sounds like it might be
useful to me, but its hard to tell without a better understanding.

One last question. Will Login Manager allow me to specify a page to return
for the Unauthorized Error? Having to hack the Zope source to change this
is my biggest peeve with Zope (it is a _very_ common request). I didn't
find anything in a brief look through the docs and code... please tell me
I overlooked it.

Thanks.

---

John Eikenberry