[Zope-PTK] Linking Resources

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:39:03 +0100

Hi again,

the list still seems startled at my lengthy proposals so I take the
chance to throw in some more :-)

Wouldn't it be great to have a way to gather and organize links to
additional resources (on the PTK site and elsewhere) and add them to
a news (or other item) of the site?

I think this is most usefull for a news or corporate site, but
community-sites would have need for that rather often, as well.

People probably know about external links, but for your own, big
portal, you know about the content you have, not the exact link, so a
special search interface to the own catalog would be great where you
easily add found items as a link to the present article.

Collections of links would be an interesting Object, too. Think of a
news portal having some coverage on the MS trial. They could just add
the "MS trial collection" object to all their articles and look after
this one object to keep it current.

Links tend to change and go away after you add them to your page, the
biggest task is watching the linked content. PTK could do this and
inform the owner of the links/collections of changes to be reviewed,
so it can be decided if the link should be removed.

We would need some sort of cron inside PTK for this...

Jochen