[Zope-PTK] Remembering information member-by-member

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:25:11 +0100

Dennis Nichols wrote:
> This might be off the wall, but please let me know what you think...
>
> I would like an object, such as a poll object, to say to some (membership?)
> object, "please note that member X has now taken poll Y". And then later,
> be able to ask "has member X has taken poll Y?"

Why not just store the memberid/reference to member object as an
atribute of your poll results row?

Then you could do something like (pseudo SQL ;-):
SELECT count(memberid) FROM poll_result where memberid=YourInput

To find out if a member had taken that poll...

cheers,

Chris