[Zope-PTK] helping my decision

Mario Premke mapr0003@stud.uni-sb.de
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 00:49:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, I have to build a portal as a practical part
to my master thesis(it's on portals).
Previously I intended to do it in zope with products
like GUF, Openticket, LocalFS, etc ...
Then I recognized that most of this parts are included
in PTK - so PTK looks to me like a package where all
this products are bundled and connected in some way ?!
Is it much effort to build a portal from PTK with the
following features (that means without coding python)?
 - i have 4 roles : reading without contribution
		    member with permission to contribute
		    owner of my personal page
		    admin who has access to evertything
 - members should be able to build there own (home-)page, which they own
 - members can write and answer trouble tickets (like in Openticket)
 - members can upload files to an area (local filesystem?)
   which can also be viewed by readers
 - members can give comments on this files, which can be read by
   readers and members
 - trouble tickets, comments and file-name must be searchable by
   everyone

It's not that I don't like python - the opposite is true, but
as mentioned it takes a while to go into the code and that's
what I cannot afford, because of timelines. So what I want
to know: Is it easier to do all this in plain zope with products,
or is it *faster* to go with PTK ... ???
Any hints will be greatly appreciated ...

Mario