[Zope-PTK] Membership packaging

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 12:19:08 -0500

At 10:48 AM 6/5/00 -0400, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

>One thing I'll also need to look into is dealing with this scenario:
>1) Site manager is logged in as superuser, wants to replace root acl_users
>with membership system
>2) Uses the Membership system constructor, which replaces acl_users with
>LoginManager (note to self: big red warning message goes here)
>3) Membership constructor then needs to add methods to LoginManager... but
>can't, because superuser is logged in. (I'll look at how LoginManager deals
>with this now.)

IIRC, as of version 0.8.6, LoginManager is an "unowned" object and thus any
object added to it is unowned.  I am not sure, however, whether superuser
creation is an issue when adding to an unowned object.

>On a side note, I noticed that the existing PersistentUserSource doesn't use
>a Rack (and, hence, doesn't use a BTree). I'd probably want to see that
>change...

At the time Mike Pelletier wrote the PTK PUS, "Rack" didn't exist yet,
certainly not in its current guise.