[Zope-PTK] Web-based email service within PTK??

Cheney, Doug dcc@iti-oh.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:43:05 -0400

Primary Advantages:

1. Simple to set up mailing list service (with eGroups)
2. Simple to link into your PTK portal (link to eGroups in new browser window)
3. Available immediately

Major Disadvantages:

1. Portal members must register again with eGroups
2. Members have two distinctly different user interfaces to work through
3. Your email service security options are not as rich as Zope can provide
4. Members are exposed to advertising outside of your control
5. The reliability of eGroups is unknown

I too would appreciate recommendations on a 100% Zope solution...

-Doug Cheney
International TechneGroup Incorporated