[Zope-PTK] Refactoring PTK, Redux

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 21:21:08 +0100

Tres Seaver wrote:

> To that end, one of the first bits of "housekeeping" we would like
> to do is to refactor some of the weird dependency inversions which
> grew up between PTKBase and PTKDemo:
>
>  * Move all the "concrete" PortalContent objects from PTKBase to
>    PTKDemo:
>
>     - Document
>
>     - File
>
>     - Image
>
>     - Link
>
>     - News Item
>
>  * Remove Discussable as a base for all PortalContent derivatives,
>    and register it as a separate base for ZClasses.

This sounds good.

Should we be thinking in terms of a quick fix, or of a larger-scale
rationalisation of the way that portal content types can be created and
registered with a portal?

For example, I'd really like to implement portal content types based on
ZPatterns, and have this as the standard for PTK. However, I know from
some comments on this list that some people would like to keep PTK
independent of ZPatterns, and for a variety of very good reasons.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer